Thursday, September 11, 2008

UYO in Wakefield Kansas

Hello Everybody,

A friend of mine Steve Lewis, a recent graduate of UYO will be sponsoring a satellite course in Wakefield, Kansas . He’s some guy, I was fortunate enough to be at his course. My goodness what a transformation! I saw him go from isolated to connected over that weekend. I know that is why he wants others to have this awesome experience. I asked him to share with you all, his “big why”. You’ll get to read it a little farther down in this letter but, first I want to give you the specifics as the course supervisor. Everyone is invited to come and assist. There is still time to enroll students also. Let’s transform the town of Wakefield with all the love from the “Purple People”! Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Date: September 19-21, 2008
Location: Deacons Lodge, Wakefield , Kansas
Website of the lodge: www.deaconslodge-wakefield.com

Steve's contact info: course cell is 785-447-1780 home 785-461-5498


Love,
Sparkle Simmons
Course Supervisor


Steve’s “Big Why”



My name is Steve Lewis. I am speaking to you about how UYO saved my life and taught me how to be grateful for my life. I didn't always feel grateful for my existence; after I got back from the first Gulf War, I became sick. I had what they called Persian Gulf Syndrome. You Vietnam Vets can relate to this illness, due to Agent Orange. I chose to blame others even God, for my illness. I felt that God was punishing me, for all the things I had done in my past. I chose to live in self pity for 15 long years.

After my wife left me, I had the choice of staying where I was or committing suicide. In my contemplating I finally called my brother for help in September 2007. He and his wife who was a former center owner and instructor had tried to get me into UYO for 13 years. I guess I had to take it in my own time. They loved on me and gave me so much support (it felt like my very own one on one UYO course!) It proved to be good timing because I found out in November 2007 that I had Prostate Cancer. I know that I would be dead now if not for my brother and sister-in-law.

So, in March at their suggestion I took the UYO course in FT. Myers , FL. to get the entire experience. It was great; I healed that part of me that had always felt broken! I mended some of the damage I had done with my wife and children, and I even let go of some of those ghosts haunting me after the war. I thank God for UYO, and thank you also to all of you who have kept UYO going so there would be a place to take it.

Now, I want to give that same unconditional love and acceptant to others in my life. I want other military people to be able to talk to friends and loved ones about their experiences. Be able to open up, let others support them, not just keep their feelings and experiences inside eating way at them. I know taking this course will help them heal same as it did me.

So, that’s why I’m hosting a UYO course in Wakefield , Kansas . I would love if you all would join me in giving the same love I once received. This course is not just for military even through there will be some service men and their families present. I would still love more assistants and students. Let me know if someone you love is in the military or even if you served, we’d love to have you! This will be a special course please join me September 19th-20th. I love my life and know now what a gift it is.


Thank You
Steve Lewis 1 sgt US Army (ret)

Contact info: course cell is 785-447-1780 home 785-461-5498
E-mail: essayons333@twinvalley.net
ESSAYONS means let us try; it comes from the Army corp. of engineers our MOTTO. (There is no Mission to Difficult no Task to Great, LET US TRY) let’s do this!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home