Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Healthy Beginnings

I am very excited to be offering a mini introductory four week seminar to introduce the CHIP program, which I participated in for the month of April. CHIP is a Coronary Health Improvement Project to teach Americans how they can make simple changes in their diet to lower their risk of heart attacks, diabetes, strokes and cancer. I always want to experience something to see how it works for me before I tell others about it. I was very pleased to experience over the four weeks the following things. I ate more food, reduced my food budget, lost five pounds, lowered my cholesterol by 18 points and reignited my love to prepare food for myself and share meals with others.
The four weeks focuses on

The Good Life That's Killing Us
Modern Medicine: Miracles, Money and Mirages and Starving for Oxygen
Winners in the Losing Game and Disarming Diabetes & Hypertension
Cholesterol and the Crucial Meltdown and From Despair to Destiny

You may come either Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8 PM or on Thursday mornings from 9:30-11 AM.
The four weeks are:
Tuesday, June 17, 24, July 1 and 8th 6:30-8pm
Thursday, June 19, 26, July 10 and 17th 9:30-11am.

I personally feel that bringing friends and people who are beginning to want to make healthy changes will find this statistical information an eye opener as to what can improve in their health in a very short period of time. I also feel the importance of teaching Americans to go back to the importance of "whole" food. And it is always supportive to have others helping to remind you to make healthy choices.

The evening will be a video for approximately one hour, a recipe to focus on for each week. and tips to include in your week from the CHIP program. Come and enjoy the evening or morning. There is no cost. Simply call 337-7333 and let me know which time you will be coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home